My 9 Year Blogaversary: What I've Learned
Today is my 9 Year Blogaversary! October 11, 2011, was the day I pushed "publish" on my blog for the very first time. Since then so much has changed, and yet - so much has remained the same. I revamped this blog this past summer (2020) which felt overwhelming to start and cathartic when I jumped in and did it. My goal has always been to connect with others through the story of my life. To make a positive impact in the hope and desire that other people will feel less alone and build a larger skillset and toolbox to manage trauma, stress, and conflict. Through this process, I've also realized that to do that well, I need to be much more open and raw, and that's my new goal moving forward.
What's stayed the same:
I still live in Reno, NV. I still run and still dislike going up hills, but love going down them. I still struggle financially, although that dynamic has changed over the years. I'm still wildly in love with Dane. I still track my weight using apps, diet, challenges, etc... so as I get older, I'm maintaining my health and fitness. I'm still the same person who has shown up the last 9 years, with most of the same goals, dreams, desires, likes and dislikes.
Most of my kids have become adults and moved out (we're down to ONE!). I'm not on a running team anymore although I've run the last 5+ years with an amazing women's group.
- At the beginning of 2013, a several year relationship ended and I was divorced. That's always difficult but it was also a healthy decision. I have felt guilty about it because my kids were affected, but we've had a lot of years to move forward.
- I spent a lot of time in court representing myself and had full custody of 6 of my kids with my ex-husband in 2015.
- I wrote my first book which was released in August 2016
- The business I launched 4 years ago in 2016 is still up and running. In 2019 I was able to provide financially from just my own business and not as an employee at all. .
- I started The Naked Podcaster in May 2017.
- I've hired coaches and gotten certified as a coach 3 times.
- As of 2020, I am licensed as an NLP Practitioner.
- After 6.5 years of being together, Dane and I got married in September 2020.
- I now have A LOT more gray hair - which I adore, and the number of grandchildren is growing.
It's interesting to me how life moves forward and how much and how little we change as that happens. I'm happier than ever, my goals are more succinct, my relationship with my kids overall is fantastic and I am more in love with life than ever, despite the fact that things aren't always "going well".
I started this blog from a recommendation of a fellow blogger that I respect. She told me I had a story worth sharing that could help people's lives, and I believed her. Moving forward, I want to share information that will be more helpful. Your insight is invaluable, and I look forward to your input.
Happy 9th Anniversary!